Manager, Regulatory Compliance – Bermuda
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced compliance / legal / audit professional to make the move into the banking industry and work within a highly rated and respected compliance team in the Bermuda and across the Caribbean. The successful candidate will play a critical and influential role in ensuring that the bank operate within necessary regulatory requirements.
• Relocate to Bermuda / Only 5% Tax
• Six-figure package including relocation assistance
Your responsibilities will include:
• Responsibility for the development and execution of a multi-year regulatory compliance monitoring and testing programme
• Build close working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, ensuring that they keep abreast of all applicable legislative and regulatory developments and are working proactively to implement required changes in response to them
• Undertake regular testing of business activities in order to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, codes and reporting requirements
• Establishing and agreeing to performance metrics used to monitor ongoing compliance
• Acting as custodian of a database of applicable laws, regulations and the controls through which the bank discharges its regulatory obligations
• Tracking the results of quality assurance reviews performed and the status of remedial actions proposed, performing re-testing where necessary to ensure findings have been addressed properly
The ideal Candidate will be degree qualified or hold a relevant compliance qualification coupled with a min of 5yrs compliance / internal audit / quality assurance experience gained working within a financial services or professional services firm.
Only 6.5hrs from the UK and 2.5hrs from New York, Bermuda is the perfect place to live & work. Sub-tropical climate, only 5% income Tax and maximum of 15min commute.
If you possess the desired skills and experience and would like to find out more, please contact David Joiner for an informal chat.
Highbury Consulting are a specialist offshore recruitment firm with clients across the Caribbean and Bermuda.